Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the cam cover off to check valve clearances and did not realise the cover bolt washers had 4 fibre and two aluminium so do not know which go where. Also does anyone know why the difference.
my valve clearances were spot on apart from 3 and 4 intake that were both 4 thou tight. (15). The engine is sweet so I am tending towards not adjusting but check regularly. What’s the consensus?
Healthy New Year to all

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Aluminum at back, near firewall. Lot of gasket sets don’t include the aluminum ones, but as delivered they were there.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
at first they were placed up front, but later migrated to the back (where it helps compress those 2 half moon rubbers)
up front now we have the two little bolts on the cam cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. It appears that the 2 half moon seals are missing. What is the purpose of these seals because there is no external oil leak

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Thanks for that. It appears that the 2 half moon seals are missing. What is the purpose of these seals because there is no external oil leak
the semi circular cut out at the rear was necessary during the manufacturing process (line boring the cam seats)
half moon.JPG

If they are missing, it is odd you have no leak - although that is basically an oil drain back - because the hole is big enough for a mouse to slip in there and set up home:)
...plus any dirt getting in there gets straight into your oil.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
As you probably suspected. Of course they are fitted. I was being Uber blond as we say in England.
They had to be there! I am married to a real uber blond. Hope she doesn't see this. :LOL:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes be very careful. Can you delete your post just to be on the safe side? I would hate you to be emasculated for the sake of 2 1$ bits of rubber. I would never forgive myself.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
"My friends thought she was a dumb blond, but they didn't know she dies her hair"
My father used to call those "suicide blondes" because........."they died/dyed by their own hands"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts