Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has the set up of the cam cover breather canister of all the hoses.
I have a 74 GTV converted to carb from spica (thats how I bought it) and the intake is from spica as well.

This is how its hooked up:

1-Big hose coming out of the cam cover into the canister.
2-One small hose goes into the oil pan from the lower part of the canister.
3-Another small hose on the lower part of the canister dangling??? I think that is supposed to go into the intake for the carbs, unfortunately there is no fitting there because of the spica intake.
4-Small hose coming from the gas tank to the cam cover next to the big hose.

The car feels could not breath as suppose to, the problem is with that hose dangling I mentioned suppose to go on the intake and will solve the problem yes?

I have other European Alfa's and have no problem since they do not have the canister.

Help is appreciated in advance.

Giorgio

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Does anyone has the set up of the cam cover breather canister of all the hoses.
I have a 74 GTV converted to carb from spica (thats how I bought it) and the intake is from spica as well.

This is how its hooked up:

1-Big hose coming out of the cam cover into the canister.
2-One small hose goes into the oil pan from the lower part of the canister.
3-Another small hose on the lower part of the canister dangling??? I think that is supposed to go into the intake for the carbs, unfortunately there is no fitting there because of the spica intake.
4-Small hose coming from the gas tank to the cam cover next to the big hose.

The car feels could not breath as suppose to, the problem is with that hose dangling I mentioned suppose to go on the intake and will solve the problem yes?

I have other European Alfa's and have no problem since they do not have the canister.

Help is appreciated in advance.

Giorgio
not sure what #4 is but make it simple and plumb it like your euro alfas--if theres no place to put the hose-- plug it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what #4 is but make it simple and plumb it like your euro alfas--if theres no place to put the hose-- plug it.
The spica intake does not have the insert plug for that hose.

#4 is the hose line that comes from the gas tank into the cam cover inlet.

I am getting some oil out of the canister can, that's why I am wondering if that hose has to do to something with it.

·
Premium Member
22,422 Posts
Big hose from bottom of airbox goes to big fitting on bottom of OVS. Big cam cover breather hose goes to big top fitting on OVS. Small fifth hose on idle-air distributor goes to higher small fitting on OVS. Lower small oil drain-back fitting gets hose to dipstick fitting.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The carb set up does not have an airbox. I would like to see a picture if anyone has without the airbox.
One small hose I believe it supposed to go on the intake, which in my case it's dangling.
It will be possible to drill a hole on the intake with a hose fitting for that hose.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say idle air distributor where is that?

Is that the euro intake fitting which the spica intake don't have,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
try this setup if you have no airbox & no way of getting the pipe back into the carbs.

Baffled oil catch tank mounted as high as possible, so that condensed oil vapour can run back down the rocker cover pipe back into the rocker cover. Oil catch tank with filter, to prevent smell of oily vapours getting into the car. Return pipe blocked of (just check the contents of the catch tank every now & then to see if it needs emptying).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jamie,

You have a carb intake and should not get any vapor/oil coming out of the cam cover. I have 2 European Alfa's and nothing comes out.

The clear hose in the photo, is going from the cams into the intake manifold?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jamie,

Did you buy that canister or made it yourself.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought from wwwobpltd.com.uk about £45
Thanks for the info. There is only one picture on their website and can't see the top part if it has an inlet to put a filter on top.

They have 2 look alike are there any differences on those.

Thanks again!
Giorgio

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts