Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi BB - my 73 GTV is with my body man for final straightening before paint. I have been going back and forth between Dutch Blue, which is well documented, and Bluette, which is decidedly more scarce. I have an original factory paint chart which shows it as an option on a GTV 2000, but very few pictures. If anyone has pictures of a smooth nose in Bluette they can share - please do! Either way I'll be getting spray-outs of both colors and will shared some color corrected pictures when I have them.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Bluette is a great color that fits with 50's and 60's Alfa's, but by the early 70's it had largely been replaced by AR 349 Blu Pervinca. All three are strong colors for a GTV, but the Blu Pervinca and Dutch Blue would be more time appropriate for a 72 model than Bluette.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that while it is listed on the color matrix, Bluette does seem to be a rarer color for 70's GTVs. Dutch Blue is an excellent color as well. Are all three pictures you posted of Blu Pervinca? If so, it is not my taste exactly. It feels a bit contemporary in the way that colors today are often quite gray and uncomplicated.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
All three are Blu Pervinca. It is a metallic color at a time when cars were first starting to have metallic finishes from the factory, so that is probably why it looks more modern.

Here is a photo of Bluette, although it is not the highest quality. AR 327 Petrol Blue may be the same as Bluette. If not, it is very similar.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1123386-post1183.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bluette - how did it turn out?

r-mm, now that your project is nearing completion, I would love to see some "full body" shots of how it turned out, especially if you added the bumpers. I've been following your progress on your "Bare Metal" threads. Bluette is a great color, but I don't think I have seen how it looks on any 70s "four headlight" GTVs. This is a selfish request - I am considering Bluette for my own rebuild. Thanks

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there I'd be happy to help... I haven't taken any glamour shots and am still ex one Euro front bumper but here are a few from the garage and some utterly random ones shot on my broken phone. I make zero claims to color accuracy and obviously the ones in the garage are totally off on account of the cool fluoro lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But in summary: the color can not be beat. Men, women, children who walk into my garage all comment on it. Its a winner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts