Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a great auction on BAT ( 21k-Mile 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce ) closing in 5 hours of a super survivor (21K miles) S3. I'm going to save the URL as a reference/motivation guide of what I'm working for!! Just for reference is the tool kit missing a straight 1/4x7 inchish bar which I assume is the companion to the spark plug socket? Don't want to throw mine out and then regret later when I'm on the 18th green at pebble beach!! LOL Thanks

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
The lug wrench is the companion to the spark plug wrench. That kit appears to be missing the pliers. They came in a cad version or with black handles.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! Thatsa nice kit!! Thanks for getting it out and setting me straight!! Wish all my Alfa questions could be solved so quickly!! Grazie Mille Paul

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
For comparison, here's a picture of the black handled pliers. Either the chrome or black handled pliers would be correct. Alfa used both without rhyme or reason.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm curious where the toolkits are intended to be stored? I usually see them on display on the floor of the trunk but I've yet to figure out where they were originally stored.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is exactly like 6alfas with the black painted pliers handles. It is unused, with the tools also wrapped in a thin yellowish polyurethane foam square of some sort. I found it laying in the pull-down compartment at the front of the trunk where the jack is mounted.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Here is a picture of a “New Old Stock” tool kit that I obtained for my 71 Spider.
Below that is a picture of the page in my 71‘s Owner’s Manual which shows the tools expected to be in the kit. They match up with the kit I got except that for 1971 I should have two screw drivers with wood handles rather that the reversible plastic handled one.
The Owner’s Manual is remarkably unhelpful as to where the tool kit should be stored- it simply says,
“In the trunk”.

C2E7E286-278F-420F-9041-C15A9D627E4E.jpeg
081D0E76-0D1B-4D88-B9BE-7CB65CB666E8.jpeg

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
71's were the last year with the canvas bag, 21mm lug nut wrench and 19x21 spark plug wrench. Here's my old kit. The screwdriver is a replacement and a bit long. In 72 Alfa went to the vinyl bag but most kits still came with the wood handled screwdrivers for a few more years.

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
569 Posts
Lokki, what are the sizes for the open end box wrench? And what's the text on the wrench say? Is there text on both sides? Thank you,

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
David - The open end wrench is 11mm and 13mm, and says

DIN 3110 HEYTEC ISO 10102

on one side and

CHROM-VANDIUM DIN 3110

on the other.

6alfas - I’m jealous! If you ever hear of another Canvas Bag Tool Kit or even the canvas bag, let me know please!

Lokki

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I'm not sure if the 1986 S3 has the flip down door where the jack is stored. Here's what my S4 looks like (not my car, but it's similar) and it's where I store the tool bag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts