Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i was rebuilding the calipers on my 84 spider and throw the old caliper dust boot clips away. I bought a rebuild kit through IAP and the clips are not part of the kit and they say they have never had any complaints about it. Does anyone know where i can buy these clips? I'm thinking of running to Ace Hardware and have a look. Thanks

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
several years ago I was rebuilding some calipers and the Alfa kits did not come with the retaining rings. Some research turned up that early Porsche 911 cars used the same calipers, or rather calipers with the same pistons and seal and boot.

I just checked Rock Auto, (rockauto.com) and they show some kits (under 84 Alfa Spider) with retaining rings in the pictures. A call or email to confirm. You would have to buy the whole kit again, but not too much $$$.

Clicking on " info " brings up a list of applications crossing over to many cars. Good cross reference information to hang onto.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found a new solution-maybe

i found the rebuild kit at Rockauto with the clips for $8.58front & $9.44rear, i also went to Ace Hardware and bought a 1 3/4" key ring which i split in half, this made 2 nice clips. grind down the back side alittle on a belt sander and they fit pretty neat. only time will tell if it will work, but it looks good on the bench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts