Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

My wife and I help out the digital and social media aspect for this really fun gathering Sunday mornings on Pine Street in New Cannan. It's called Caffeine & Carburetors and it's basically car guys and gals sipping really good coffee from Zumbach's and checking out some beautiful cars.

The first gathering this year is April 10th. There's something for everyone, from Morgans to Alfas, Porsches to Model Ts... It's heavily biased toward European sports cars, but always a good showing of American cars, trucks, and 2-wheeled transport as well.

Check out the site for some of last years pics and stop out if you can. It's free, non-juried, and a wonderful no-pressure atmosphere. It's early Sundays, cars start showing up around 8:00, with the stretch of Pine Street being packed by 9:00-9:30, so you've still got the rest of the day to spend in reality. Or you hang out till 10:00 and join in the group drive around the local countryside.

Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise look for me and my wife (the ones taking a lot of pictures... Mostly of the Alfas.. ;))

Ryan

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Greetings: Nice collection of cars showed up this AM in New Canaan! And my Duetto made it all the way there (3.9 miles...). What took my breath away was a car that commanded the #1 primo spot in front of the coffee shop: a red Alfa Romeo Gran Sport Quattroruote. I did not locate the owner. We then drove down to Darien for their annual Father's day car show, where the Duetto had its first "formal" showing. No awards, but lots of nice compliments.

- Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
michael -

i have always admired your duetto.

hope to see it in person one day.

did you ever sell your S4?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Last C&C for 2011

Assuming the weather cooperates and we don't have more early snow fall to hinder the recovery up from the extensive continuing power outages, I will be taking the short trip up to New Canaan on Sunday morning. This will be the last event for the year.

I'll be bringing in the my recently-aquired GTV-6. I don't want to drive it too far, but this is less than 8 miles on grade roads round trip.

C&C has a Facebook Page!

- Michael

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Season Finale!

Season Finale!
this Sunday, 11/6 @ 8am!​

As Michael said, this is it for the season, and C&C is going out with a bang! The Ferrari transporter will be on-site with a 458 Challenge race car. Oh and there'll be a Veyron Grand Sport there as well... It kicks off at Zumbach's Coffee as always on Pine St in New Canaan, CT. If you participate in the drive following the event, you'll be treated to some incredible grilled cheese, soup, and wine from Ridgefield's 109 Cheese & Wine (I will be particularly looking forward to this as I'm considering taking the Ducati tomorrow...) See you there with a warm cup of joe in hand!

Ryan

www.caffeineandcarburetors.com
on Facebook

1 - 9 of 9 Posts