Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new bill is running its course though the CA legislature. CA Assembly Bill 210. It will extend the smog cutoff year from 1975 to 1983.

Please support any way you can. Sign anything you can find. Do an internet search. Lots of Hot Rod and Classic Car websites have updates and give instructions on how to support - emails, letters to the representatives, etc. I found a petition on Change.org on it. I signed that.

My 74 is already exempt. I've been waiting for the day my 79 can be exempt. I'm sure many of you have Alfas in that era and if you don't, please help us anyway.

Thanks,

·
Registered
363 Posts
A new bill is running its course though the CA legislature. CA Assembly Bill 210. It will extend the smog cutoff year from 1975 to 1983.

Please support any way you can. Sign anything you can find. Do an internet search. Lots of Hot Rod and Classic Car websites have updates and give instructions on how to support - emails, letters to the representatives, etc. I found a petition on Change.org on it. I signed that.

My 74 is already exempt. I've been waiting for the day my 79 can be exempt. I'm sure many of you have Alfas in that era and if you don't, please help us anyway.

Thanks,

Will do my car is 1984:-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know that there are very few machines that can actually test a pre 1996 car here in California. I have heard from more than one source (test facilities) that the state (DMV) is considering not testing because of the challenges in supporting the machines and software that is necessary to complete the test. I hope it's true but moving the exemption to pre 83 is a start!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope the assemblymen and women get this info when they are making their votes. Hopefully the DMV weighs in somehow. Maybe it would come down to a practicality type decision in their minds this time. I know that the previous two times this type of bill has come before the reps it has failed to get the votes, so it still does seem like a long shot. I never give up hope though and will not throw up my hands an not try letters and emails again and again. I hope everyone does the same no matter how slim it seems.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The bill looks dead for at least this assembly session.

No action is listed for this bill since the Transportation Committee hearing in late March. The deadline for bills to advance to the Assembly has passed.

Maybe next year....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts