Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a -C- shaped metal link between the upper metal joint of the heater (where the heater is screwed with the chassis) and the dash. This metal suppose gives a further support to the dash. The one I'm telling is on the left. Does anybody knows If there is also one on the right?
Another issue: As I looked carefully under the Berlina's dash, I have to state that Berlinas are of dif make than Giulias. First of all the structure of the dash is of metal and not of this "boat" Giulia's material. Then , the vinyl as a cover is hardest but more resistant in crackin. The same happened for the door panels.Berlina's are of super base material and stay all the time plain like a metal frame. I'm almost surprised by the quality of Berlina's constraction in general. Or, I'm lucky with the condition of my Berlina?

·
Premium Member
21,386 Posts
I personally think the Bertone cars are the best built of Alfas. I had the back seat out of my Berlina this AM and was marveling at the condition of the original paint, welds, and sound-deadening there. I agree they're well built. Spiders to me are much less well put together.

I think there's only one brace, on the left, that goes to where the odometer reset knob is. I guess they felt that was sufficient.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts