Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having exhausted all other avenues for persistent bubbles in the double-booster-equiped 1750 Spider, I'm bypassing the boosters.

The lines to/from the boosters are 4.75 mm with ISO/bubble flares.

What female fittings do I need to make the jumpers? What kind of flare? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just remove the booster, send the reservoir straight into the master cylinder with a -3 line and inverted flare to 3an adapters.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just remove the booster, send the reservoir straight into the master cylinder with a -3 line and inverted flare to 3an adapters.
Fittings showed up from FedHill yesterday.

Tomorrow, going to Cary, NC to see the 4C, so prolly won't get to it until Sunday.

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
If you don't want to cut any of the lines. You can get brass brake line connectors from wrecked spiders. They are on the right frame rail on the brake line to the rear before the rail curves flat along the floor pan. Every spider from the mid 70's on has them.

When I bought my 69 spider this was how it was done. They just connected the 2 lines together from each booster.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removed the boosters and bent the lines to meet at the female-to-female connectors.

Tightened it all up and no more bubbles. Getting pedal now.

So, the boosters (the rear one, any way) are the source of the air leak. We'll probably go with reman boosters from Classic Alfa.

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
Mine came without the boosters when I bought it 25 years ago and it still has no boosters. I've driven others with working boosters and I actually like the feel of the pedal without boosters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts