Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people,

I'm trying to find the bolt pattern of the Busso 3.2 V6 for a project of mine since I don't have the necessary tools to do so. I've found some drawings which are given below in case they're helpful to someone but so far nothing with the required dimensions given.

The first three images are of someone putting a Land Rover gearbox behind the V6.
And the next three show a rx8 gearbox adapter for the engine.

I've opened an account with onshape (the program the latter drawing is in), but the files are not public.

Hopefully someone can help me, cheers.

Update: Got the engine-side measurements

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
My long term project is something like this, although I'm looking at the Honda S2000 6 speed.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My long term project is something like this, although I'm looking at the Honda S2000 6 speed.

Bob
I think that is the best option in terms of fitment as far as I've found (on alfadax), the input shaft needs a hardened pin inserted, and a bushing or bearing pressed on the crankshaft to mate them together. An adapter and a custom clutch should be enough to fit the spline as the S2000 clutch is a bit too small for the flywheel apparently, though I found an Accord clutch that should fit the bill.

Tell us more about onshape please. Sounds interesting!
Well it's a cloud CAD program that sort of works, a bit finicky for my taste but apparently it's good enough for quick sketches. I don't think it's worth the price tag though, I got an educational account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.