Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help-

After replacing motor mounts and transmission mount on my '67 Duetto, I decided to go whole hog and check fluid levels in the places you don't check every week- starting with the Burman box. Popped open the filler plug, and it sure looks dry (not good). Well, should have done it right when I bought the car earlier this year...

Real problem is out of the end cover (105.00.23..002.07/09 for those following along), there is an electrical wire sticking out. There is a fair amount of play (able to slide it in and out a bit, ut definitely attached), and there is no gasket or grommet where it comes out. This isn't shown in any manual, and I have no idea what it could be for. There is no mention of this in either the Burman box parts list/exploded view, nor is there anything in the electrical diagram from Papajam. In the photo, it does have a ridge around where the wire comes out that gives the impression that this was made this way.

Anybody else seen this on their vehicle, or have any ideas? I feel as though if I add 90W to the box, it's going to come pouring out around the wire, and make a big, greasy mess in the engine compartment... however, I clearly need fluid in there!

Brad

·
Registered
491 Posts
ground wire for the horn. it passes through a thin tube welded to the front cap; the tube goes inside the worm, to the other side of the box

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh...

Thanks-

I'm still new to the Alfa; the only thing similar to the old 2002's I used to have is a Giubo! I'll march out and fill the depleted Burman box now.

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts