Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i read the information sheet, download it from this forum, to align the Burman box. Otherwise, when i remove the box from the car i found only 2 washers between the box and the fender skirt. From the info sheet i don't understand if it is normal or to properly align the box 3 washers are required. Thanks to all will help me.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Did you see where the washers were. There may have been only 2. The idea, I believe, is to not stress the box if any misalignment between fender wall and shaft mount in the cabin.

Ken

Reactions: Sergio105

·
Registered
590 Posts
You should reassemble the steering box with all three screws against the side panel. As Ken says, look at where the only two shim washers were positioned. Once this is done, from inside the passenger compartment, you have to slide the aluminum fixing covre to the dashboard frame; if everything is well aligned, the two ears of the cover (where the fixing bolts to the dashboard are inserted) must enter flush, right and left, with respect to the dashboard frame. I don't know if I made it clear ... otherwise you have to review the shims on the engine compartment side panel where the box is fixed.

Reactions: kengta
1 - 3 of 3 Posts