Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some Burman box parts to rebuild mine.

1. Balls
2. Gaskets
3. Seal ( can be upgraded to lip style seal but where can I get this )

Please let me know if you have any or all of this. Located in Socal.

thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was looking for a gasket set a while ago. One of the members had created a template for the gaskets. I contacted that member, and he referred me to Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange, saying that he now sells the gasket set.

Hope that helps. Let me know if that info is incorrect.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
The seal is a standard, metric-sized lip seal. Just measure the od of the shaft (which will be the id of the seal), the id of the housing (which will be the od of the seal), and the depth of the counterbore in the housing (which will be the thickness of the seal). Round these measurements off to the nearest mm. A good industrial supply house will carry the proper seal.

There are threads on the BB that discuss rebuilding these boxes. As I recall, the balls are also a standard size (I believe an inch-denominated size).

Didn't Burma Box used to advertise with those signs along the road? Sayings like:

His Alfa is so easy to steer
She rides without any fear
Burma Box

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have gasket sets, seals and ball sets
There are two different bottom seal/ O-ring and short boxes have an additional O-ring and lip seal.
I also have good used races, followers, cases and worm shafts, etc.
I also rebuild boxes, new lower bushing, etc. etc.

Alfa Parts Exchange (925) 200-1998

·
Registered
440 Posts
Larry,

Are new or replacement filler plugs available?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Didn't Burma Box used to advertise with those signs along the road? Sayings like:

His Alfa is so easy to steer
She rides without any fear
Burma Box
Nice. Burma-Shave is exactly what I thought of as well when I saw the title of the thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts