Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a ton of time at work. Like 72 hours at a time. Allllllll weekend.
Needless to say the mind wonders to alfas and other wonderful things. The GTV6 was sitting around here and i have access to a lot of high dollar machines. After about an hour and change i had some 'adjustable' front and rear bumper shocks. After another 30 mins or so i now have bumpers that are much lower than stock.
If they end up working well i may convert a few more to throw on ebay. What do you guys think?
1)before
2)after
3)before
4)after
5)after

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The front does look a lot better than the back, but still not bad.
Mind you the shocks are under high pressure, and should not be played with unless you know what you are doing and with the correct tools.
1)Before
2)after
3)before
4)after

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at? Do you mean they are lower to the ground? Or closer to the body? The pics make it hard to get a good perspective.

While I am uncertain about a couple of things, I am supremely confident in the following: you have far too much time on your hands (smile)!

Let's see what you come up with in the next couple of hours...................

David
'86 GTV-6

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
bumpers are "in" tward the car

i did the same thing neer the begining of the year.....punch a hole in the bumper shocks drain em ....push em in and then tack weld the bumper mount end of the shock to the shock body and re-install.....same effect for ZERO money

still love what it does to the look of the fetta/gtv6 body

love to see what you actualy built tho.......my mind is pulling up a design of a shock body thats threaded lick a scisor jack with the threaded end being attatched to the bumper mount end of it allowing the unit to be dialed in and out

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think it looks nicer, I've seen a fewBMW's (e28 and e30's) with the same treatment. The only problem is that in a crash the bumper isn't as effective because the crush zone is lost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
'Fetta bumpers

Yes, it all looks good, but, and it's a big but; the bumpers still weigh >100lbs for the pair. That's a heck of a lot of weight which is best not dragged around. Now if someone could come up with a way to remove 80lbs or so of rubber and steel and still keep the crash-worthiness, I'd sign up right now !

·
Registered
594 Posts
Why did you opt for keeping the black filler strips? They tend to buckle and make it look bitty and shoddy. I binned them when I cut my shock mounts.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts