Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the rubber baby buggy bumpers on my 76 Spider with stainless pieces from one of my parts cars ( 74 Spider ). I've seen posts here regarding brackets I can construct for this application and hope I can find a dimensional drawing for them. After a 35 year pause in the world of Alfas I'm building another. Bought a 69 1750 GTV in 1971 while in the USAF and traded it later for a 72 GTV then later bought a 77 Alfetta. Tickled to be back amongst Alfaholics and looking forward to that Alfa grin once more. I know you all enjoy pictures and will post many during the process of this project.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm replacing the rubber baby buggy bumpers on my 76 Spider with stainless pieces from one of my parts cars ( 74 Spider ). I've seen posts here regarding brackets I can construct for this application and hope I can find a dimensional drawing for them. After a 35 year pause in the world of Alfas I'm building another. Bought a 69 1750 GTV in 1971 while in the USAF and traded it later for a 72 GTV then later bought a 77 Alfetta. Tickled to be back amongst Alfaholics and looking forward to that Alfa grin once more. I know you all enjoy pictures and will post many during the process of this project.
Any chance I can piggyback your efforts and order up a set of brackets when you make yours...I would be happy to contribute $$ which could offset any of your costs perhaps, lemme know :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper Brackets

Be happy to if we can find the drawing... Got a wizard of a fabricator her in Wichita Ks. Where r u at??

·
Registered
97 Posts
I order a set of supports/ brackets from a supplier in France,Italia clasic. I must be receiving anytime soon as I paid 58 Euros just for the shipping. Total around $300.00.What I could do, if the time to make another set will not exceed let's say two weeks, send my new ones to Wichita, your wizard would do a couple of sets,one for me also, and you would return the two sets to me as soon not needed(two weeks I think would be enough) Of course the expenses would be divided for at least the three of us( more people could be found if advertised here) Tell me what your thougts. I can also find the post on the Forums with the dimentions as I look before trying to find someone to do them. Carlos

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumper Brackets

Sounds like a good idea Carlos... I'm leaving for the office as we speak so I'll post when I return today. My wizard does beautiful work and is a genuine sports car guy though, sadly, not an alfaholic!! talk soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
S2 Steel bumpes conversion

Hi guys, an update: just received the supports/ brackets for the modification.Please decide what you think about doing, as understandably I want to do my modification, starting with the cleaning and restoring of my used bumpers.Oh and to make myself clear, when I said share expenses I am referring to the ones of manufacturing the copies, not my purchase price. Whatever we spend on the manufacturing of maybe six or seven sets, we divide. Also the final price should make sense. After buying mines, I found a Alfa parts in Germany selling for 130 Euros, even with shipping should come out better then the price from Alfaitaly.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Please count me in for a set

I am in the process (searching) for a serviceable set of front and rear bumpers from a 1974 spider for my 1978 spider. I will need a set of brackets. Please count me in for a complete set. email [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Status of Bracket Project?

Hi there,

Just checking in to see if it's too late to get on the bandwagon and what it would cost for a set of brackets.

thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts