Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought my fellow Alfistas might appreciate this:

I took my wife Jennifer out for a drive in my 86 Alfa Quad on some of my favorite country roads. While we were cruising along, I noticed that the speedometer had stopped working again and also for some reason the clock seemed to be turned off, which is something new. Of course neither of these is necessary to enjoy a nice outing :)

At one point I saw the sign for Rocky Ridge Road go by, and I said to Jennifer, "Oops, I missed my turn." Then I realized that in about 50 feet the pavement was going to end and be replaced by gravel, and there was no way I was going to drive on that, especially at 50 mph. So I slammed on the brakes, and although I didn't quite come to a full stop before I got to the gravel road, I got it down to about 5 mph, and there was just a little bump as we hit the transition to gravel, because the gravel road was a little lower than the paved road. Jennifer was screaming because I scared her by slamming on the brakes, but the car was fine. (Priorities.) In fact, after I backed up a little and made a U-turn, I noticed that the speedometer and clock were working again :)

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Did she have a spare set of undies or did she just ditch em entirely??!!😆😆

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
But seriously, folks...poor earth or connections given a jolt by the bump.
Start hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts