Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Since the TZ2 (as per a previous thread) has been shelved i have come across this beauty:-

Marreyt Classics - Twin Cam

Can anyone help with additional info before contacting the seller ? The intention is to race the car and i have assumed that the car can get its FIA papers as a prototype. Without FIA papers i will have no interest.

I have already been through my Alfa Romeo books, Google etc., but nothing whatsoever has shown up.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
This car's price is around 395,000 Euros and the seller has plenty of information on the car. Do a search, because I started a thread on this car some weeks ago. And of course, just because it's a restored car, it doesn't mean it's in a race-ready condition. Why not take a look at the Alfa "Vico" prototype which is currently for sale in the UK? I think that car's asking price is around £170,000 sterling - but bear in mind that I think it only sold for about £60,000 when it was bought at auction 2 or 3 years ago. Still, at least it was allowed to race at the Goodwood Revival this year.

Are you particularly interested in cars with an Alfa connection? And which class do you want to be eligible for? I can think of plenty of other FIA-eligible cars which I would prefer to race ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alex,

Thanks. I had not seen your thread.
Fantastic forum......2 hours later and you have a reply.

I had not yet checked the price but with your information i will leave it alone. Close to EUR 400k for a car without any real results ? I find that a bit over the top. My guess would have been around half of that. But then again, something like that is SO difficult to price.

I have looked at the Vico but do not find it attractive. And as you rightly says, the price has been somewhat inflated recently. I was at the auction where it originally sold and saw it for sale again in the UK about a year ago at GBP 95-99k.

Yes, it must be Alfa related. I have been very pleased with my previous AR race cars and is now ready for something a bit more exotic. As for the class i am pretty open to what i can find.

My present car is an original Autodelta GTA with full history and the Alufloor still present which i will sell or part exchange when i find the right car.

Thanks again, and best regards,

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Send me an email (not a private message) and I'll send you a copy of the article on the Aguzzoli which was in Auto Italia a couple of months ago. Marreyt's email to me did state that the price was negotiable, but I agree with you that it's an inflated price in this climate. Have you posted any photos of your GTA in the GTA section of the AlfaBB? I'm sure that many people would be interested to learn more about your car.

Happy hunting!

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
The Plate/Alfa 6c2300 is supposed to finally be finished for Pebble Beach in 2008, after 20+ years of restoration, according to Tim Ritter. It just might come up for sale after that. The car has a CABI-Cattaneo chassis with torsion bar suspension and Gilco ovoid tubing. More of an "etceterini" than a true Alfa, but the motor and the rest of the drivetrain is Alfa 6c2300.

Bob Tucker is also trying to finish the Lurani designed/Riva bodied/CABI-Cattaneo chassied Alfa 6c2500 coupe for Pebble Beach 2008, but I doubt if he has any interest in selling it. If so it would be for REALLY big bucks; probably over 1 million dollars, in view of what the ex-Ponder car and Raoul San Georgi's reproduction of the 1939 Alfa 6c2500/T256 LeMans coupe sold for...

He has owned the car for over 25 years, and has been slowing working on it, as his (and his son's) main business is restoring Alfa GTAs..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gentlemen,

Since the TZ2 (as per a previous thread) has been shelved i have come across this beauty:-

Can anyone help with additional info before contacting the seller ? The intention is to race the car and i have assumed that the car can get its FIA papers as a prototype. Without FIA papers i will have no interest.

I have already been through my Alfa Romeo books, Google etc., but nothing whatsoever has shown up.

Thank you.

Maybe it's old news for you now, but that is the Condor Aguzzoli.
Here is a link in italian with additional information.

Automobilismo.it - Epoca - Condor Aguzzoli

I hope it helps

Italo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gentlemen,

Thank you.

Maybe it's old news for you now, but here is the Automobilimo article on the Condor Aguzzoli.
Here is a link in italian with additional information.

Automobilismo.it - Epoca - Condor Aguzzoli

I hope it helps

Italo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts