Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build a 2.0 Nord engine and am leaning towards the Alfaholics Stage 3 engine package and the Stainless Exhaust System. I am sure there are folks here that have done same - any feedback?

I am also looking for recommendations for a good engine builder in the Northern California area. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Looking at the package, but for a 160/165 hp engine I do not think big valves will bring something. I expect use foor street and coincidental trackfday maybe. So primarily you want torque. Take a look at the RJR cams, together with good pistons , and the spruell header which I like very much in design you get everything you want and probably more, and save money too. Without saying the Alfaholics parts are not any good.

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,212 Posts
I am also looking for recommendations for a good engine builder in the Northern California area. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.
I would suggest you contact BB member "Andrew", who is likely to recommend Dan Marvin and/or Jon Norman of Alfa Parts fame.

My other suggestion is that you not buy any pistons, cams, etc. until you have selected your engine builder. I would begin by discussing your objectives and this engine's intended use with that builder. Then let him draw upon his experience to recommend specific parts to meet those goals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts