Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Same as it had, 225-50-15 on 15 x 8 1/2 Centerline Warrior wheels

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Was planning on inspection today BUT…..the car had other ideas. I took it for a longish drive this morning and the brake pedal started going to the floor. Master cylinder. That’s ordered. Another issue that cropped up were the rear shock absorbers. They are KYB gas shocks and I guess all the gas in the rear shocks defected to the great outdoors because it is really bouncy. Other than that it ran great, driveability is really good and the drivetrain is smooth and vibration free, although I haven’t had it up to freeway speeds yet. Also still arguing with the vent window frames for them to line up at least close to where I want them

Reactions: Milanoguy

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Finally! Inspected, registered and driving. While I am having some tuning issues, it drives great. We had our club picnic at Memorial park today with 16 Alfa‘s in attendance. I should have more pictures. After I made it home, I went ahead and cut off the exhaust tip. You can see how small the actual exhaust outlets are, will weld on a tip next day or so
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Carbon Rim Gas

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Finally! Inspected, registered and driving. While I am having some tuning issues, it drives great. We had our club picnic at Memorial park today with 16 Alfa‘s in attendance. I should have more pictures. After I made it home, I went ahead and cut off the exhaust tip. You can see how small the actual exhaust outlets are, will weld on a tip next day or so View attachment 1711143 View attachment 1711144 View attachment 1711145 View attachment 1711146
I'm sorry I missed it. Glad to hear Scuderia Houston is active again. The website still says everything is cancelled!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Sorry you missed it! notifications were by email.I haven’t looked at the website in a while. There is going to be a Christmas party Dec12, I can send you the details when I get them if you wish

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
Agree. Now the rear carb is not running correctly and a pump squirter on the front carb ain’t quirtin. Retorqued the heads yesterday and re-checked valve clearances before another drive after the exhaust mods. Sounds SO much better than before, a bit louder but a lot deeper. Will do a video soon after another round of carburetor fun

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
I removed the carburetors to go through them thoroughly. The front carb that wasn’t getting an accelerator pump squirt was missing 2 very small washers under the pump jet and fuel was leaking around the jet ( oops! ). Another issue on the front and rear carbs was the passenger side of both throttle plates weren’t centered. Holding the carb up and looking down the bore at a light you see light thru the 1 plate. This with the idle screw backed off and holding the throttle arm closed. The fix was easy except that the screws are very small and tight. Loosen, open and close a couple of time to let the plate center itself and carefully tighten. Before the passenger side always ran lower the the left side, if the synchronizer was left side a 4, the right would be at 3. Hopefully balance out now
Tableware Dishware Table Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
locktite blue, a little dab’l do ya! I’ve seen what a small bolt will do to a combustion chamber. Happy Thanksgiving!

461 - 474 of 474 Posts