Alfa Romeo Forums banner
441 - 460 of 474 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
I like it, admittedly it’s kind of an over the top hot rod spider . I had to get it out of my system! The car really wasn’t a candidate for a restoration and had been hit hard in the back at some time poorly repaired ( the plastic on the back of an S3 can hide a lot of ills! )

Reactions: nealric

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
maybe or clear box open in front. I really would rather not. If it does ok like it is I’ll leave it alone ( until I change my mind and do something completely different 😁

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
If you put opening at the front it will cause poor running issues. Ferrari Testarossas that have this feature have a little vertical wall to counter this problem
Pete
I can see that. Just gonna run it as is for now and will experiment with front shields pretty soon after some other fires are put out

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
New carpeted filler panel made for passenger side of console-ette. Made sure everything worked before panel install. Had to do a lot of measuring and bending brackets for the passenger knee bolster as nothing in the console area is original anymore. Just have 1 rear tab to make and it’s done. Heck, the map light even works. I didn’t even know it had a light there. Waiting on a Classic Alfa order to finish doors, tires next week, inspection, tags…..then it’s finally a car!
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
I was wiring up the rear license plate lights when I actually looked at the rear Ansa exhaust tip close. I realized there is no way those 2 small exhaust outlets, not much over an inch each, could be free flowing. I thought the car was quieter than it should be. I have 2” pipe all the way back and though from the Y back 2 1/2” would be better, 2” was already there. i ordered a new stainless dual tip with 2 1/4” tips, slash cut. Almost all the dual tips out there are at least 3”, many 3 1/2” to 4”. WAAAY too ricer. Also included pics of the previous exhaust work to connect the headers to the rest of the car, showing the band clamps
Pipeline transport Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exhaust
Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
A v6 in a spider, everything is close. That’s why I have 2 different layers of sound/heat insulation on the floor and console. A little clarification on the exhaust. I had an Ansa rear section on the car when I bought it. Later when it rotted off I had a full 2” exhaust system made and just saved the tip cuz I liked it. In retrospect I should have used something more open

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
my tires finally came in and I had them mounted. Just the wheel and tire assemblies as the old tires were dated 2005. Passenger door is complete, will be doing the drivers door over the weekend. The upper door handle insert is NOS and the thin chrome insert is from Classic Alfa. Won’t be able to get inspected till Monday or so as we have had very high winds here the last 2 days
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wood Bumper
and I have to clear out a bunch of large tree limbs that fell as well as general cleanup. Always something

Reactions: Milanoguy

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
They ride nice too, but compared to the old ones the rocks on the Flintstonemobile would have been an improvement

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
Nope, I don’t do drifting. Seems a pointless endeavor

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
Till they go bang! I’ve seen whole quarter panels on cars get trashed when a tire explodes, wouldn’t take much on the fiberglass fender flares to ruin my day. new tires be much better

441 - 460 of 474 Posts