Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a lot of help from this forum over the last few months, Bruno the 1989 164L is finally registered, insured and on the road.

It still has a few issues (funny groans from bearings mostly). It has been sitting around for a couple of years which explains quite a lot like odd noises coming from the front suspension on the side of the car I didn't have to work on :)

A/C not working, although the stepper motors aren't broken yet.

I'm not supposed to be giving it hell until I make sure everything is working OK, but did get tempted into a quick squirt down the bypass outside of town. I had forgotten just how quick these cars are - might have to adjust the steering wheel so I can see what the speedo needle is pointing to - that natural 100mph gait just isn't tolerated down under.

An oil change this weekend after some of the sludge is dislodged is on the cards, along with an investigation of some of the groans, but, well, YAY!

And Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One set of groans/moans fixed: drivers side wheel nuts not tight! How embarrassing is that! It's fixed most of the groaning issues, now I just need to get the A/C regassed and do a wheel alignment.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks to a lot of help from this forum over the last few months, Bruno the 1989 164L is finally registered, insured and on the road.

It still has a few issues (funny groans from bearings mostly). It has been sitting around for a couple of years which explains quite a lot like odd noises coming from the front suspension on the side of the car I didn't have to work on :)

A/C not working, although the stepper motors aren't broken yet.

I'm not supposed to be giving it hell until I make sure everything is working OK, but did get tempted into a quick squirt down the bypass outside of town. I had forgotten just how quick these cars are - might have to adjust the steering wheel so I can see what the speedo needle is pointing to - that natural 100mph gait just isn't tolerated down under.

An oil change this weekend after some of the sludge is dislodged is on the cards, along with an investigation of some of the groans, but, well, YAY!

And Thanks!

Excellent work - a 164 back onto the roads and saved from the scrapyard ;)

Was it yourself or someone else that needed a replacement bootlid badge after it was ripped off by someone? I finally removed mine yesterday and replaced it (mine was not in very good condition (swings past the 'closed' position due to a broken pin, some discolouration/cracks), but better than nothing and free to a good home.

Cheers,
-Alex

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bootlid badge is fine - most of my problems were centred on the suspension, steering and vacuum leaks.

A/C and central locking - not so fine but I can live with that for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts