Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I somehow broke the turn signal stalk on my 78 sport sedan. It always felt so stout I was stunned when it came off in my hand! grrrrrr.

Anyone had luck epoxying it back on or is it a for sure replacement? Is it one unit with the headlight switch or separate? I assume it is a specific part to the sedan, but if I am wrong, let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,696 Posts
The one in the Milano can quit working or breaking as well, not canceling. Had it replaced on warranty decades ago, but it quit again not long after. The Alfa turn signal mechanisms, as like Alfa door handles, have always been touchy, either not working correctly, or just plain breaking off. Every Alfa I've owned since the 64 Giulia Sprint GT has been that way. And I learned long ago to use a feather touch on them. So far, at least the turn signal setups in the 164 are much better. 164 door handles, nope.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same as a GTV6. Can you snap a few pics?

I will have a used switch available soon, I'm trying to sort mine out.

·
Premium Member
16,696 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that they are the same, except to be typically fragile, lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if it's the same as a GTV6. Can you snap a few pics?

I will have a used switch available soon, I'm trying to sort mine out.
Not sure if these help or not, but here are a few screen clips from photos I had on my computer:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi peakay,

A 78 sport sedan, is that always a 2 liter or can that also be a 1600 or 1800 Alfetta Berlina ?
If so what engine capacity does your car have ?

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 78 sport sedan, is that always a 2 liter or can that also be a 1600 or 1800 Alfetta Berlina ?
If so what engine capacity does your car have ?
In the US, the Mk 2 Alfetta Berlina (1978-79) was called the Sport Sedan and it was only made in a Spica injected 2 liter.

·
Premium Member
16,696 Posts
Different body and drive train than the early 70s Berlina sedan, and was available from 75 to 79 as the Alfetta, with a modest change in design in the 78-79, renamed as stated above as the Sport Sedan with more power, but more sedate gearing and front end (hood) styling. Had both a 75 and 78, and actually preferred the 75 for driving fun and looks, although lower in power. However, the 75-76 rusted badly, whereas our 78 did not rust in 180k DD miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts