Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the tabs that connect the seat cusion to the pan have broken off due to rust. I was considering velcro, but I am not sure the back of the velcro will stick to the seat cushion (should be fine on the pan). Ideas on other ways to attach the cushions to the pan?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you mean the metal tabs on the frame? I bought a couple from Classic Alfa a few years ago but not listed anymore. So they must exist somewhere. If more than one or two broken off you will not get a nice stretched fit even w it’s Velcro. Suggest you get someone to weld a couple of tabs on. Should not cost more than a six pack

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
‘83 Spider. You can see the tab on the right but broken off on the left.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes probably the same. If you are happy with the fit and it all pulls tight with minimal creasing then leave it. If not repair. If I remember correctly the tabs are just there to make it easier to secure with the hog rings. Without the tabs secure tight with tie wraps then put hog rings in place and then cut away the tie wraps

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes probably the same. If you are happy with the fit and it all pulls tight with minimal creasing then leave it. If not repair. If I remember correctly the tabs are just there to make it easier to secure with the hog rings. Without the tabs secure tight with tie wraps then put hog rings in place and then cut away the tie wraps
Did not think of zip ties, great idea!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I made my own. It is not that hard and some people pop rivet them to the seat pan after the install but I drilled holes and used sheet metal screws to secure them to the pan when done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Some of the tabs that connect the seat cusion to the pan have broken off due to rust. I was considering velcro, but I am not sure the back of the velcro will stick to the seat cushion (should be fine on the pan). Ideas on other ways to attach the cushions to the pan?
I am redoing my seats pan currently and had to reweld one, but I have removed everything. I ll show my work later when finished. In your case, I would suggest to cut a thin piece of metal of 22Ga, (this is what I have welded to replace the tab), same width as the other one but 3 times the length. then wrap it around the existing wireframe at the same position where the older one was, so that you have the two pieces of the 22ga together, then insert in the slit , bend and that s it.
Here is a crappy sketch. Black circle is the section of the wireframe. it can be done in aluminum as well. no rust and easier to bend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts