Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the interior driver's door latch (the one that opens the door when you are inside) on my 164Q. Via a search of this forum I found some related posts. The best suggestion was to "muggy weld" repair the old one. Is this the best solution? Is it still near impossible to get a replacement?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
LS/Q handle for 94-95

should be easily available from a parts car or from Larry at APE; its different than the older version

·
Registered
265 Posts
Me Too!

Just reading this now, and I too just broke my inside drivers door handle (91 S)...

Any where to find one of these? Are they possible to repair? It broke at what looks like a bad point, where the two little fingers attach to the main handle...

Need some advice on this one!

Thanks.

HJM

·
Premium Member
27,389 Posts
Just reading this now, and I too just broke my inside drivers door handle (91 S)...

Any where to find one of these? Are they possible to repair? It broke at what looks like a bad point, where the two little fingers attach to the main handle...

Need some advice on this one!

Thanks.

HJM
Repair it with a steel fork and bolt search see my fix post on it.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/792357-post10.html

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
That's where they all break. Be aware that there are FOUR different interior door handles, each marked with two letters on the back to indicate which door: AD, AS, PD and PS.

Italian for front is anteriore and for rear is posteriore. For left is sinistre and for right is destro (now you also know which F1 tire goes on which corner of Alonso's Ferarri!).

These are white metal castings which are very difficult to repair effectively. They are also no longer manufactured.

·
Premium Member
16,277 Posts
I wish some Chinese company would make some copies of these, but then again they probably wouldn't hold up any better. Maybe it would be wise to devise a reinforcement to be added to the latch before it breaks off. I'll look at my spare to see.

I use my fingertips to slowly pull on the latch handle, and release as soon as it pops open. Also, I keep things lubed to reduce the force required, AND, I don't let anyone else touch the darn thing except my wife, and she know what to do with it, lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've been using a rear handle in the front of my 91B for over a year now. Not a difficult thing to do, and there seems to be a few of rear handles still available.

I posted the method on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts