Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
isnt it great though, if they cut their theiving hands on razor blades that just happen to be there, they can sue you into oblivion and probably win. poor crooks, always having to defend their rights must make them tired, but the law system helps them out I guess.
I suppose if they wanted to persue it, yes, they could litigate.

But the flipside is if they do, you'll know exactly who they are and where they live.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s harsh. As they say in Pulp fiction “you never %*£# with another man’s automobile”. I can understand the need4vengeance. I used to have an MGB which was stolen four times from outside my house in London (heavy sleeper), however it always find its way back. Last time I found it before the police did six blocks away from my old house. All I can say is what goes around comes around; he’ll probably cripple himself in a hideous car crash and live out the rest of his life eating through a straw, watching daytime TV (now there’s torture). I have no stereo in my Alfa, and more immobilizing systems than you can shake a stick at. Engine sounds good though!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
My sympathies about you car.

May the fleas of a thousand camels attach the would be thief's groin.
Man, that curse is enough to make anyone itch!!

I will defer from one who should excersise manners and calm and dignity, by saying those guys are what we call sometimes lowlifes, loosers, and rolemodelless (a word?) taxes on a productive society. Leeches/bloodsuckers who envy others who worked for what they have, only to take what they feel should be theirs.

My sincere condolences on your car...but.....could the cops get any fingerprints? Maybe they can make a match?

Joe

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The assault on your car is vile. That being said, the only thing worth stealing from a Spider from the perspective of these bottom feeders/losers is a stereo. Best defense: go sans tunes unless they are totally portable. There is no other defense save a garage. My advice, replace with stereo with a stinger exhaust or other open exhaust system. The twin cam sound they can't despoil.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Trunk Monkey rocks.

Really is terrible about your car! Feel bad.

I suggest no radio next time. You wil be better off with the sweet sound of your Alfa motor:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the idea of a bow and arrow. Thanks Enrique :p Two of my cars have previously been stolen: first was the jeep and I was able to right it off and walk away from it, the most recent was my Golf three weeks after I bought it. Picture me pointing the keychain remote to unlock my new car in my empty parking space -- I feel your pain.

Fortunately, when the cop that had spotted the stolen car chased the thief in it - he ditched it and took off into a nearby park leaving his mobile phone in the cup holder. His phone id was "I Jack nice cars" along with all his contacts programmed into it. Where the law fell short (one night in jail and an insufficient fine) the arresting officer assured me that he would follow up on the entire list on the phone's smartcard. No doubt his associates weren't too thrilled...

Now if only I could rig the stereo so that breaking the contacts would release thousands of volts like a taser stun gun electrifrying the thief on the spot. It would be worth the damage caused to see a thief get his just deserts.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
You could daisy-chain a few condensors together and arrange their pigtails so that they touch nothing until it gets touched by fingers in the wrong spot....

Won't kill or cause permanant damage (ok, mabe a small burn if you've got a pile going) but will most assuredly cost them the use of that hand, possibly arm too, for more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
one theft deterent I heard of many years ago involved fishooks on steel leader under the dash.with or without the optional close the door on the thief till it closes all the way.
cliff

21 - 32 of 32 Posts