·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I found this by watching yours:

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I saw that earlier... I don't get it though; 3.0 (assuming 12 valve) with an S/C and "only" 209 at the wheels...? What am I missing here?

A stock 3.0 12 valve on programmable EFI, good headers and larger intake runners already makes 180 - what gives?

A stock 3.0 24 valve with headers, Q runners & larger intakes, and a GTA Stage I cam and GoTech already makes 220 at the wheels!

The number seems a bit low - cool car though!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
And whoever said the Milano has weak wheel bearings must be wrong:

·
Registered
659 Posts
That is very bizarre.

I believe Greg's S/C GTV6 when it simply a stock 2.5L 12V running L-Jet put out around 220hp. The SuperRedVerde he built which is a fairly direct comparison to the car in the video (Stock 3.0L 12V engine with bigger injectors, SDS ECU, water to air intercooler and water/meth injection) puts out 325hp! Go figure.

Anyhow, I remember seeing that section of clip in the racing montage someone posted up a while ago! It actually looks much better in real time, the whole thing happens in the space of about 10 seconds!

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That last one is incredible, I've seen two wheel driving before but never ths slow and without corrections, is there a trick here, wires or whatever? :eek:

Isn't the owner of that 75 SC on the board? I recognize the incredibly wide slicks. Believe it has a one of Gregs kits too.
BTW, slicks on rollers will give you totally different results then regular road tires.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mats, I don't know if the owner is on the BB or not, but I'd like to find out too...

The car has "SM" on it which I'm hoping is the SCCA Solo class "Street Modified". I'd love to hear what he has done to the car and how competitive it is in that class!

·
Registered
487 Posts
This must be the new and improved No-Slip differential I've heard about.:p

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Yeah, I saw that earlier... I don't get it though; 3.0 (assuming 12 valve) with an S/C and "only" 209 at the wheels...? What am I missing here?

A stock 3.0 12 valve on programmable EFI, good headers and larger intake runners already makes 180 - what gives?

A stock 3.0 24 valve with headers, Q runners & larger intakes, and a GTA Stage I cam and GoTech already makes 220 at the wheels!

The number seems a bit low - cool car though!
I believe that is Bill Sim's car in Louisiana. 209 is a bit low, particularly because the car is supposedly super-charged.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
That's Bill's car. It has the very first supercharger kit I ever sold. I am glad to see it's still running. Although it would appear it's a little weak, that's really not the case.

I just spoke with Bill over the phone. He was a bit surprised to find out there was a dyno video of his car. I suspect it was put up by the dyno shop to attract attention to the shop, not to show what the car can do.

Anyway here is the scoop on the seemingly low power numbers. This session was simply the first time he ran the car with the intercooler installed and the new engine management system. All they were doing was dialing in fuel. The low power numbers are due to the following reasons. I am sure you will see much higher numbers from this car soon.

1. Low boost during initial testing at about 4.5 psi.
2. Ignition timing way off as evidenced by the really jagged lines. When the timing is off just 2 or 3 degrees it will easily rob 20rwph on a supercharged motor. I have personally seen higher values knock off 50rwhp! They didn't have time to mess with ignition.
3. The normal dyno operator was not there and those numbers are not corrected for temperature. At the time of this run it was 93F.
4. The dyno used is a Dyno Dynamics unit. These are almost always the lowest reading dynos. Additionally the eddy current (whatever the heck that is) wasn't set on the dyno because the guy that knows how to do that wasn't there. Of course they didn't care because were just dialing in fuel anyway.
5. As the big Swede pointed out, really big tires knock down the numbers.

I am confident we will see 260-270rwhp from this car soon.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Greg, do you know what all has been done to this car (engine, suspension, gearbox, etc.)? I'd be very interested to learn the details of just how he has prepared the car for SM and what his results have been like!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts