Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Engine was so good that it evolved in Alfa cars until 2007 with it's top version the 3,2 V6 24V in the GTA range with 250 hp

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
It was pointed out to me this morning that my left side tail light has no brake lights. While diving into it more the right side only had one running light. So carpet trim off, lenses off, only to discover that the little spring fingers at the bottom of the light socket have been bent down too much over time. Get in there with a pick and tweak them back up, reassemble. This spring finger thing, on this car seems to be a common issue. Cheap, but annoying. Other than that just doing miles, monitoring oil consumption which is getting less alarming.
I’m getting spooled up to make a torsion bar adjustment, the front has been over lowered at some point in its past, lower A arms are pointed up from horizontal, I’m only 340mm from wheel center to fender lip, it has what I would consider horrible turn in and the front jack point is 32mm closer to the ground than the rear one. Just waiting for parts to show up to get the spider back together that’s taking up the working on space.
It’s been a joy to drive, blasting the highways.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
A small, little update. I had been waiting forever for amazon to get me my orings to adjust idle speed here, in stock and from amazon took three weeks.... Did that and finally got around to changing the air hoses to and from the aux air valve, I gave up trying to find 14mm-9/16 fuel/oil hose and just got some 5/8. My idle is still high. An unexpected outcome so I didn’t have things with me to see if I can back off the throttle plate a touch. Idle was 1300-1400, now it’s 1100-1200, but the oring is bottomed. As per the Ljet guide I’ve advance my ignition four degrees, ran out of time to see if that would change my idle speed so much.
I think my aav is stuck closed, I may go manual. I can pinch the hose between it and the plenum and there is no noticeable rpm change, ever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
It's possible that you have a small vacuum leak in the throttle body. This will admit unmetered air and raise the idle. If you can do a smoke test and see if any smoke comes out of the throttle body, between the TPS and throttle body casting.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
A little more tinkering today. I don’t have a smoke machine, I shot some propane at the TPS/throttle shaft area and no hint of rpm change. While doing things yesterday I noticed that my little hose from brake reservoir to clutch master was totally soaking. Turns out brake fluid resistant rubber hose is a super pain to come by. I had no luck anyway with the multitude of places I tried in the area. I totally got rewarded from decades of hoarding when I remembered I had an old Milano ABS master that I thought had hose plugging its two ports. Bonus was I found it too.
Tackled the idle a bit when I moved the car outside to hose out the engine bay. I bailed on tweeking the throttle stop, the factory plug was still in place, so no PO had been mucking with it. The air flow meter idle CO mix adjustment had definitely been mucked with. I did the Ljet guide multimeter on the O2 sensor method, turned the screw out almost two turns from where it was. Not a huge change with idle speed, down a bit. The spade connector for the O2 sensor was super loose, only thing holding it together was the rubber boot...
About as far as I got..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Some goofing around today. I put a want ad out in the local online thing for gutter mount roof racks and got a hit today. They were old and totally rusted together, cutting, drilling, helicoiling mounts/bosses etc but in the end got some functional roof racks. I think they were from a full sized van..... :-s
I did succeed in getting the bike mounted up which made me smile. The whole project was just an internal humour thing anyway.

Attachments

81 - 89 of 89 Posts