Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Who needs a professional boilout tank ,

when you have elbow grease, lacquer thinner, paint stripper and NO FEAR!

Notice the high tech tank drier. We had 9 gallons of 6 year old fuel and huge chunks from 40 years of crud accumulation. The tank is now spotless after four hours. I guess that makes it a $1000 tank now. Next priming and painting.

Notice the look of enthusiasm on Chris. You would think he'd be happier knowing I am bankrolling the restoration and he'll keep all the profits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the superb way your car looked when

you scrapped off the asphalt from the bottom, so I have to do that too.
And of course, selling the blue car. It all takes time away from Alfa projects. So you see, it's all your fault Brian because you are setting such a HIGH standard for us!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sandblaster took FOREVER

But we finally got it back. We took the tougher road and removed the brake lines, steering box, idler arm and then we proceeded to save a lot of time with the next step. We wrapped up the wires and suspended them from the ceiling. We saved a lot of time not having to take out the wiring. It wraps up easily and it's out of the way! The sandblaster wait was painful, but it's restoring it the right way. Now I have a problem, but a pleasant one. The car is so rust free, the best I've ever seen, that there is no need to tear up the asphalt paper off the interior! Being in the home remodelling industry, I elected to cover the c*&^%ppy Alfa asphalt soundproofing with Vycor for painting to keep the junky stuff from getting in the paint. I'll probably cover it with something thicker, or just leave it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
lookin' good!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts