Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need our opinions. I need to change the brakes on my 91 spider and I need to know what type of pads to get? I have been to Jims spider page and he says the Ferodo Pads suck. What sould I get?:confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm using EBC Green stuff pads on my GT Junior (which has the same brakes as the 2000 spider I think). First application from cold they are a bit dead but after that they are great, good feel and I've not experienced fade on any event or track day yet. They do seem to wear quite quickly though. Can't remember what I paid but it must have been reasonable or I would have remembered.

My 2p worth.

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
I've had the best success with Mintex pads. Good grip and seriously low dust ... almost no dust in fact.

Picked up the set from AlfaBill's (http://alfabill-llc.com/index.html) but I am not sure he is still selling them. Odds are if not he could direct you. Resonable money too.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,423 Posts
For anyone who sees a bit of track time or spirited driving, I'd recommend Centerline's "Centertech" Carbon Metallic pads. After trying many different compounds over the years, I'm sticking with these.

They are much better on the street than most hi-performace pads and are pretty hard to fade on the track, with great feel and modulation. Unlike Metal-Masters, you have plenty of brakes for that first cold stop!

Dust is... medium-low. Not bad at all. No squeeling, either.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brakes

Thanks for the help guys. Where can I find the centerline brakes.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts