Alfa Romeo Forums banner

brakes stick without any pedal

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  elsonite 
#1 ·
On a '91 Alfa, V6. The brakes are sticking, eventually locking. It started while driving but now does it just running but not driving (with no stepping on the pedal). I'm assuming it's the servo. The valve that equalizes pressure on both sides of the diaphragm is allowing engine vacuum into the constant pressure chamber only? But I was curious to hear if anyone has experienced this problem. I can't think on anything else it could be. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Sometimes the rubber part of brake hoses will expand internally from age and act as a one way valve...keeping pressure on the calipers when you remove your foot from the brake. I would replace the brake hoses and bleed the brakes.

#3 ·
brake pressure with NO pedal

Hey Rockie, I have had that happen, on my '65 Veloce. This is, start the car, warm it up, never get in and step on the pedal. Brakes freeze up. As I said before I'm pretty sure the servo is to blame but I was curious if anyone had experienced this. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.