Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of brakes fit in the 13" gtam replica wheels?

2.0 brakes doesn't fit and i think i need some braking power for my gtam replica.
Anyone here must have solved this problem.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't know if the Outlaw calipers might fit? Performatek - Home

Those wheels are NICE! Were did you get them from?

Good luck!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here they are on my replica under construction. The correct period brakes are Porsche 911S ATE calipers which are what is under the wheel on my car pictured with a haircut(little off the top) to make them fit. The second pic is of a real GTAm with these calipers. Rotors are a problem with a few different solutions and we are getting closer on what I will be running.

Since I have only fit these calipers others can chime in on what else fits the 13" wheels.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,924 Posts
What did F5000/Can Am/F1 cars of the period run?, as that would be the very best period caliper that potentially could have been run on a GTAm.

Pete

·
Registered
373 Posts
What did F5000/Can Am/F1 cars of the period run?, as that would be the very best period caliper that potentially could have been run on a GTAm. Pete
These ATE's were what was homologated. Eliseo, the wheels are made by Compomotive and I bought them from Classic Alfa in England.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi.
I have fitted a special brake kit from ALFAHOLICS in UK,
spécial request for 13 " wheels with 4 Piston aluminium calipers on my car.
No spécial modification needed, only rigid brake pipes to be adapted.
JP.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi.
I have fitted a special brake kit from ALFAHOLICS in UK,
spécial request for 13 " wheels with 4 Piston aluminium calipers on my car.
No spécial modification needed, only rigid brake pipes to be adapted.
JP.
JP,
I am sure you have pictures for us right?
Thanks,
Eliseo

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to ask the same question. I belive you can use the calipers from a 75/Milano which bolt straight on as long as you have the right uprights. However I am not sure what better discs can be used with this combination. Also I understand that these calipers have to shaved to fit. No doubt someone else will be along to put us right on this!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re scole.
Here pictures of my car brakes, used with same wheels than yours in 9 x 13
I have to fit also short steering arms and 10 mm spacer each side
J.P

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Scole

are the Aluminium ATE porsche caliper also works with non-vented disc ?

Tks yr help and rgds.

Gianni

·
Registered
373 Posts
33maniac,

Your adapter is for what rotor?
What does the Montreal spacer look like and are they make-able or available? This might be the easy way?? Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
33maniac,

Your adapter is for what rotor?
What does the Montreal spacer look like and are they make-able or available? This might be the easy way?? Thanks!
hi scole

This solution only makes sense if you use 13 wheels, if you use 15 you can find much better and cheaper.

The adapter is for relocate the calliper to fit on the 13's

The rotor it's gtam lookalike 250mm

the montreal ATE callipers are exactly as the 1750 2000 whit a spacer for vented rotors, but you can make the spacer, less $$$$$

or you can also fit this aluminium brembo callipers from the 75 twin spark

cumprimentos
paulo ribeiro

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
just to give this a push:

I understand that the 250mm vented discs with the Alu ATE calipers do not brake that well, at least not really better than a good stock system. But will a stock system fit (with a little grinding on the calipers) inside 8 or 9x13?

The rimsize is a fact by the rules for the racing class, at least one of the classes were driving would be an option. Other classes do allow for the 15 inch, so the stock 2 liter brakes are no problem there. (mind you, no other caliper or disc is allowed! I am speaking about european FIA historic, Belgian BRAVO (semi-historic, but with full historic class possible), Youngtimers, Local DNRT in Holland. Only HARC is different...)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have 75 Brembo aluminium calipers mounted on my 1600 uprights. I removed the caliper spacers, but I could put them back in in run vented discs

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have 75 Brembo aluminium calipers mounted on my 1600 uprights. I removed the caliper spacers, but I could put them back in in run vented discs
and for running normal rotors (not vented) you just need to idd take out the caliper spacers and shave of the upright 2mm (wich I did and fits perfectly) or shave the caliper 2mm, and it will fit. The Brembo´s will not fit in a 2 Liter upright, only 1300 or 1600 (the small ones)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts