Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just doing some troubleshooting for a clunk sound that can be felt through the brake pedal. It happens randomly and not very often. It seems to come from the RHS, although this is hard to ascertain from the cabin.
I pulled off the RH wheel and measured the disk, too thin at 0.735. Could this be the cause? I have a spare one that's thicker at 0.825.
However I also checked the pins (brake caliper attaching screws) holding on the caliper, and they seem sort of loose into the bushings in the mounting bracket. I checked this against other ones I have lying around and they all seem to have a bit of sideways movement.
Does anybody know the limits to these pins, or the bushings in the mounting bracket? Do these wear at all?
While we are on the subject, they are smeared with anti-seize. Does it matter what kind? As one set I have are smeared with copper, while the other set is smeared with silver coloured anti-sieze, probably nickel.
Thanks heaps.
-VARIS

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
My front calipers have always clunked when backing up out of my steep driveway at the old house. I don't think the upgraded 94LS calipers did though. I've been at my new house for 2 months and I already forget it they did this or not. :rolleyes: I never worried about it. As long as everything checks out mounting hardware wise, you may just have to live with it unless it does it all the time, than maybe try another brand of brake pads that fit tighter in the caliper.
Charles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts