Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to learn about GTV brake upgrades. Alfarace on yahoo talked about it but I started reading about it to late. Lets start with Calipers, anyone know of bigger and better calipers that fit on GTVs? Who makes them? I heard theres a VW caliper that fits a GTV is that true? Do brake pads actually help or does it come down to the caliper? Any bigger, better ventalated rotors? Do people upgrade their master cylinders? Why put steel braded brake lines?

I have basic knowledge about brake systems, but as far as upgrades/modifactions I dont have a clue. Can anyone provide some good information which would help me and a few aswell? Thanks!

· Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vw bus?

Any years VW bus's calipers will work? Hmmm I could probably find a few of those at a junk yard and if not probably for super cheap from a old vw parts supplier. Good to know thanks. Whats Earl's Performance shop located?

I got a list of thing I want done to my car with numbers so I don't forget about them once I get my hands on some MONEY!

p.s. I only drive the trooper when the GTV is temporarly down. I think it will make it Saturday! 'Knock on wood'

· Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which exact BMW model has the GTV fitting caliper? Where can you find them? Whats the cost?

If you write that article take some pictures to. It would help me so much with my future brake upgrade. Thanks!

p.s. AlfaBB is going to start up a Tech Article page. It'd be nice if you could contribute the article. Would help me and others a great deal!

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.