Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on my 61 Sprint were recently relined (bonded on). I have no idea what the compound was but they dont stop as they should. I have ordered original Ferodo linings that will require riveting. Any recomendations on a shop that can handle this work?

·
Super Moderator
11,206 Posts
Contact member George Krause, alfabits. He had the exact same problem with his concours winning spider.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
The brakes on my 61 Sprint were recently relined (bonded on). I have no idea what the compound was but they dont stop as they should. I have ordered original Ferodo linings that will require riveting. Any recomendations on a shop that can handle this work?
The Ferodo linings will solve the problem. I had my Ferodo's bonded and radius profiled at Ott's Friction supply. home - Ott's Friction Supply

I brought them the drums and shoes. You don't need to rivet the linings. Any good shop should be able to bond them.

Good luck,

George

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have had good luck with South Side Brake and Clutch in Tacoma for street cars. There are other places/options for other applications -but not local.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts