Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
FYI if you are willing and able to cut the corners off the pads, you can run 105 front pads in the front also*

* works with brembo, not sure about ate

·
Registered
615 Posts
I believe one day, racing brakes will still have pads but some smart genius (not me, I just give the ideas) will incorporate reverse magnetism as a booster. You already have a spinning rotor made of iron. All you need to do (like its that easy) is apply that reverse magnetism like on a train. Of course I left out about 56 pages of details because I'm not that smart to figure it out.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I have seen someone using magnetic brakes, but it wasn't your street or regular race car. I forgot which kind of car it was, but it something extreme!
Jes

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well i ordered carbotech ax10 (front) and ax8(rear). i'll try this out, but might end up ordering a set of front ax8 if i feel like i need a little more cold bite.
i ordered the plain brembo discs as well.

anyone running a similar setup have any input on this?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
magnetic brakes were to be used on a land speed record car - it was using a fighter jet fuselage (maybe a F4?) - caught a bit of a feature on tv once.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
well i ordered carbotech ax10 (front) and ax8(rear). i'll try this out, but might end up ordering a set of front ax8 if i feel like i need a little more cold bite.
i ordered the plain brembo discs as well.

anyone running a similar setup have any input on this?
Do you mean XP10 and XP8?

That should be a very significant brake upgrade while being easily streetable.

Ask Andy to confirm, but be sure you can bed them properly OR have them pre-bed to avoid risk on chunking/glazing new pads.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yes... xp10, and xp8! My bad!
i will be sure to properly bed them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts