Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Spider Quadrifoglio
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classic Alfa have a non-specified and a Brembo brand master cylinder listed on their site, both the 22 mm bore type, for left hand drive hanging pedal cars.

Does any know if there's a difference between the two? Does anyone have any experience with either? If they are interchangeable, is the Brembo worth the extra £20 or so?

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
I never buy the cheap stuff if given the choice...a cheaper alternative always signals a Mongolian knock off made by Yak herders.trying to undercut the Chinese (Brembo probably under license). At least the name brand is made in China where they actually have some sense there is a 21st century and specs are important or they will lose the license to another Chinese company. ..I have a friend in the gear cutting machine business in Germany. he just got a big order from them.. In a few years, they will be pumping out copies but it proves they only want to copy the best..

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Original ATE still available: Alfa Romeo OEM ATE 22mm Brake Master Cylinder Spider, GTV, GTV-6,Berlina Milano | eBay
At the other end of the spectrum, I've used this Centric MC with good results:

I have a pair of new Centric 105 discs and they are stamped "Made in Italy"; then my car has a set of Pirellis and they're stamped "Made in China". Go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts