Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am presently restoreing a 65 spyder voloce, I have tons of parts for these cars but I need a brake master cly 1 inche since the car has front disk Girlings. I am hoping to finish this car as a driver and maybe take it to the vintage races.. This car will be all black in and out as orignal, it will have no front bumpers. special brackets to hold driving lights, roll bar, cone shaped racing mirrors both doors and a factory steel hardtop painted dark grey met. I want it to have a touch of the track in it..I live in Princeton.NJ thanks John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your discription is quite good, but I'm still having a hard time picturing just what it looks like:D. I, for one, would love to see a picture:eek:.

Thanks,
Sopp

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are you sure you want a 1" master cylinder? It has twice the bore area of the stock 3/4" master and requires twice the pedal pressure. Alan Ward once told me he preferred the 1" master for racing because it gave such a firm pedal. Otoh, my ex-wife didn't have the necessary leg muscles to execute a panic stop with the 1" master.

Mike R

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sopp, Sorry but I don't have any pictures yet I just started on the car. What I I was saying was how I want the car to be finish. However I don't want to put hundred of hours in it to retsore the car. Some of the guys on this forum are doing 100 point cars . If I did that this car would sit under a cover like my other cars. This car I want to drive to Vintage races and shows and maybe even go to diner in it. When I was a boy my town had several alfa's in it. My friend had a brand new 750 Red/ black just beautiful. I never forgot that car he would take me to the Ice races on a lake in Penn. where he would race the car. I never forgot those days MG's. Healy"s a couple of Saabs some old Jags. those were the days when you could have fun and not have to be Rich... like today. all the best, John Anthony Gallo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts