Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
My guess, as someone who still has a lot to learn about these cars, is that it is the brake bias regulator. If someone corrects me, we have both learned something! :D
Cheers
Marty

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting

Hmmm. Thanks guys. Now I wonder why in several pictures of engine bays on here I dont see this part. Is the location correct? Frankly, this looks haphazard. Ciao

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Looks kludged - mine is under the LH rear passenger seat (under side of car). There are several subtle changes over the years (early and late intake plenums, shift linkage, torsion bar mounts) maybe this is another of them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mine is an early 85 (removable torsion bar mount and non-isostatic shifter). Maybe all these changes came together?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That is where mine is on my '86 GTV6. You can barely see it in the pic, I have some heat insulation wrapped around it.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Sam - good to know. Insulation just handy or is it functional? Ill clean up mine and align it with the master. Still looks odd not being secured with anything other than the tubes! Ciao.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
With the Alum overflow tank, one of the lines runs pretty close to it so I added to be safe. I think the Milanos have them in the same place.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine is a October '85 build (removable cross member, short torsion bars and ISO linkage) and has it up by the master cylinder

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mine is an 85 build, just as the first picture, but supported on the brake booster with 2 bolts and a bracket. ooks like your bracket is missing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello BayAlfa (Which Bay?) - mind taking and posting a pic? Also is IAP or Certerline the place to get replacement brake hose and tube etc parts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts