Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a diagram of the brake line setup on the 1991 164L?
I've hit another leak -- looking at replacing several lines just to avoid doing it in the future.

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
164 Brake Lines with and without ABS

Here are a few diagrams of brake lines without ABS and with ABS. Rear lines the same but front set up different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
Are any lengths for the brake lines listed in the resource you pulled these from? Mind sharing?
Nope just long they are from front to back. I used my spares on BB2 so can't measure them.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ok, and 6mm absolutely necessary on all lines? Or can 4.75mm (3/16") be used? I bought 5m of 6mm but it would be nice to grab some pre-made lines at the part store if it can be used anywhere.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I've got used OEM good condition lines that go from proportioning valve to both rear brakes if your interested. Also have a good rear subframe as well.

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
Ok, and 6mm absolutely necessary on all lines? Or can 4.75mm (3/16") be used? I bought 5m of 6mm but it would be nice to grab some pre-made lines at the part store if it can be used anywhere.
You tell us. If they have correct metric fittings and bubble flares maybe?

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
I've got used OEM good condition lines that go from proportioning valve to both rear brakes if your interested. Also have a good rear subframe as well.
I got one new one from Alfa Orlando once and a long S side skirt (rocker panel) in a looooooooong box once via FedEx. They still have to bend line to get in the box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts