Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pre-made brake line set. Seems OKP, Victor Service and Alfa Service in Germany carry them. Anyone have any experience (god or bad) with them or any other pre-made set?

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have one for.my alfetta.
Just decided to remake them myself as the female connectors are square and do not look like the originals. If I make them myself I can reuse the original female connectors

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah - that's a good call out. Something to think about.

Since I don't have all the flaring/bending, etc. tools, it is tempting to just buy a pre-made set if I can find a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right - but if I were to take my old female end connectors and put them on new brake line, I’d need flaring tools for the end as well. Not to mention it seems pretty tricky to get the flared ends right with hand tools.

Part of the issue I have is that I don’t even have a complete set to pattern from, so I am sort of stuck with buying new I think.

Suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You also need to bend the new ones correctly.
They come in bended 180 degrees
So it's just about making the ends and there are food tools about 30-40USD

·
Registered
181 Posts
This tool works good. Don't buy the cheap ones I did and own three versions of cheap style and the good one. I use Fed hill Brake when I built my system and they rented me the best tool for the job.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
View attachment 1628499 This tool works good. Don't buy the cheap ones I did and own three versions of cheap style and the good one. I use Fed hill Brake when I built my system and they rented me the best tool for the job.
Here's a second plug for Fedhill, and I have the tool shown above. Makes the job far more accurate and manageable. Eastwood also sells a bender and, for want of a better word, "tweaking" tool to make the small adjustments that you invariably need to do on a re-plumbing job.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the dilemma I have is that I don't have a complete set of the old ones. Some fabricators have templates on file that they work from, but I haven't found any that have one for a GTV yet.

BTW - here's another firm I've heard good things about: ClassicTube in NY

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
100% agree you NEED the eastwoods or better vise mount tool. I used NiCopp it flares and bends beautifully. Less than hairpin bends can be done by hand. Made my fuel lines this way too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts