Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Milano Silver 2.5
Last night when I got home, the rear break lights stayed on. I have asked around and people have told me there is a switch up under the dash on the brake pedal lever.

I dont see one and with my 33 in arms, if there is it is beyond my reach,

I do see a 2 inch approximately round rubber hose with a spring coil around it but it end with a small cover that looks like a trash can lid approx 2 inches in diameter.

I was looking for something that would have like a plunger sticking out that the pedal when depressed would push in to cause the lights to work. I do not see anything like this, but again if it is there it must be way up under the dash

Right now I have the battery disconnected to kill the lights

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Brad

·
Registered
139 Posts
It is indeed WAY under the dash. I had better luck getting at it by raising the steering wheel all the way to see it. I have very thin and very long arms which made it a bit easier.

As a side note, the awkward angle makes it VERY easy to strip the threads on your replacement switch even when driving it in by hand. The plastic the new switches are made of feels a lot softer than the nylon-like material of the original. I ended up having to disassemble mine and transfer the guts to the old switch when I stripped the threads on my replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts