Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of finishing up my 2600 Spider and the previous owner had rewired the front headlights to work with the foglights which had been replaced with driving lights, the driving lights would come on when the high beams were activated. The car has a foglight switch which does nothing at this time, along with this the turn signals and the brake lights are inoperative , checking for power and ground I found a yellow wire with black stripes with power and what looks like a double white wire with black stripes which also has power,does anone know where the double wire attaches to? the same for the yellow wire. Thanks.

Alfamichele

·
Push hard and live
10,196 Posts
Have you checked the wiring schematic available via the Cardisk? It was close to accurate for my 102, although none of us have ever seen a trunk light operated by a switch.

If I follow the scheme correctly, the yellow-black feed the right-side turn blinker lights and the white-black feeds the left side turn signal lights. They are "double" wires, as one feed of each goes to the turn signal switch, and the other line feeds the front and rear signal lights.

They should not have power unless the switch has a closed connection, which should never happen to both simultaneously. Plus, the flasher feeds the turn signal switch, so you should never have full-time power from these wires unless the flasher is shorted.

If they both have full-time power, something is mis-wired.

Good luck,
Don

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Mike, the wiring diagram in the owners manual may be helpful with assessing what wires should go where -- although there are some undocumented variations, such as front turning lights with one or two light bulbs (one for a parking light, the other as turn signal). Yellow-black and white-black seem to be the turn signals indeed. Make sure the light housing (and/or the front bumper, if you will) are properly grounded.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, the wiring diagram in the owners manual may be helpful with assessing what wires should go where -- although there are some undocumented variations, such as front turning lights with one or two light bulbs (one for a parking light, the other as turn signal). Yellow-black and white-black seem to be the turn signals indeed. Make sure the light housing (and/or the front bumper, if you will) are properly grounded.
Don and Ruedi thanks for the input, I was getting lazy and and hoping for a quick resolution. I will start tracinf out the wires and checking the flasher to see wha'ts going on. I will post some pictures this weekend.

Mike V

1 - 4 of 4 Posts