Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing out the master cylinder on my 94Q. There are 3 lines coming out of the brake fluid reservoir, 2 go to the master cylinder, so where does the 3rd one go? It is larger than the other two.

·
Premium Member
27,516 Posts
Clutch master under dash.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch master under dash.
The hose just disappears down behind the false firewall. To change that hose looks like I have to remove that firewall to access the fill tube? It has been so long since I did a clutch m/c I can not remember.

·
Premium Member
27,516 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much hose do I need to go from the reservoir to the clutch master? I have ordered from Pelican parts before and service is great. If I had known this just a bit earlier I could have added another foot to my order from BelMetric.com Oh well....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to add another foot of the blue hose to my BelMetric order, so that should cover all of the needs for the master cylinder and clutch,m/c. As long as I am into the car this deep I might as well just go in and do it all.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The clutch reservoir hose goes to the front of the false firewall - no need to remove that. The hose is a bout a foot long until it reaches the steel pipe that runs behind the engine, in front of the false fire wall, near the rule lines.

·
Premium Member
27,516 Posts
The clutch reservoir hose goes to the front of the false firewall - no need to remove that. The hose is a bout a foot long until it reaches the steel pipe that runs behind the engine, in front of the false fire wall, near the rule lines.
I don't think you are talking about the clutch master cylinder fluid supply hose which attaches to the brake fluid reservoir and goes through a hole in real steel firewall and attaches to clutch master cylinder under the dash. There is not steel line that hose attaches to either.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you have the reservoir removed, there is a black hose that goes down through the false firewall and disappears. Steve said it goes to the clutch m/c under the dash and is attached to the clutch pedal. The m/c has a plastic fitting on the top of it to which the hose attaches to like the brake m/c.Thank you Steve for showing me how to feed the hose through. :D

·
Registered
241 Posts

Thanks Steve for the guidance here; this is likely next on my list keeping the 94 LS with 235k miles going. Meanwhile, was bleeding the circuit after replacing brake hoses with braided all the way around, and my reservoir switch just stopped working. Confirmed switch broken and opened housing to discover it appears to be a Hall effect and what appears to be a Faraday "cage" arrangement of visible side and top metal - which barely made contact. I guess the magnetic switch just gave up?!?

SO is this repairable?? If not need a replacement.

Ciao ALL

·
Premium Member
27,516 Posts
I am trying to visualize what you are showing in the picture as a float switch for brake reservoir fluid level and not computing. Never seen switch like that. Most of them have a rubber bulb on top you can push down to check float switch function.

·
Registered
241 Posts
AH yes; these have been removed and clips into the top and the electrics module. Inside I discovered potting compound. Pressing the top cap had no function so decided to disassemble (jumper into the mating electrical connector turned off the warning light...) Since this is in a 94, is it possible this is a Volvo or other cap?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Or perhaps I just need to use one from an L or S and modify the electric connections?

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
I have one you can have for a six of beer and shipping from LS

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
LOL Since I dont drink beer, is $15 enough, but shipping from LS?

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Ship from San Diego, part was from 95 LS. If you need any LS parts speak up now, my parts are exiting the premises here shortly

·
Registered
241 Posts
what struts do you have?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts