Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...master failed and have some brake fluid in booster...read somewhere to use a turkey baster to remove the fluid....but..removed the hose and can't see where a baster tip would fit.....put a hose with a vac pump down...but could not draw any up...any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
booster

Remove the 2 nuts holding the brake master cyl to the booster. Move cyl away from booster. Don't lose the master cyl to booster seal. Insert baster. Remove fluid.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.....sorry...this is a 1969 duel booster...don't thin I can separate the booster

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
thanks.....sorry...this is a 1969 duel booster...don't thin I can separate the booster
Then it's the cylinder component of the remote booster that has failed, not the master. Has to be removed and stripped for repair anyway.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...have brake fluid in both boosters.......some fluid looks old in one booster...other booster new fluid in it...yikes....so what you are telling me is that I need a couple new boosters/cylinder units.....I have a spare one from a 1969 berlina..hope that fits.....sooooo any addional comments would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
thanks...have brake fluid in both boosters.......some fluid looks old in one booster...other booster new fluid in it...yikes....so what you are telling me is that I need a couple new boosters/cylinder units.....I have a spare one from a 1969 berlina..hope that fits.....sooooo any addional comments would be greatly appreciated
New, or have yours rebuilt.

Depending on how the vacuum lines for the boosters are run, the old looking fluid in one booster may have come from a failure of another booster - the booster with the new looking fluid in it will definitely be rooted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.