Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't anticipate another hanging pedal Alfa in my future so these need to go away. All three pull a vacuum when the brake pedal is released. The one on the right seems the best. The one on the left was the hardest to tell because of the broken plastic connector. They are labeled left to right: '79 Spider, unknown, '74 Spider. I realize that shipping as the full assembly would be very pricey so make me an offer that would justify my time disassembling it for the booster. For one, two or all three. Shipping a single booster in the U.S. will be $20 in a large flat rate box. Of course, local pickup would be welcome! If there is another part from these assemblies that interests you, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Hi Bill. Can you tell me, so I can test my own, how to test a booster if off the car. Pm me if you prefer.

Thx

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken,,
I don't really know how to fully test them. When I push in on the brake pedal a whoosh of air comes out of the little port. If I put my finger over the port as the pedal is released, I feel suction and hear a little pop when I remove my finger. I'm guessing that's a good indication that the large diaphragm is intact. Probably not a comprehensive test. Perhaps someone more experienced can chime in.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Ken,,
I don't really know how to fully test them. When I push in on the brake pedal a whoosh of air comes out of the little port. If I put my finger over the port as the pedal is released, I feel suction and hear a little pop when I remove my finger. I'm guessing that's a good indication that the large diaphragm is intact. Probably not a comprehensive test. Perhaps someone more experienced can chime in.
Ok thanks for that. I'll give it a try and see what I think.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bill your killing me. I just bought one off of ebay that arrived yesterday that arrived with three extra master cylinders but no idea if it is any good. Ebayer said it came off of a running car but you know how that goes. Good luck with your sale. I can tell you on the ebay one guy was asking $150.00 but took $70.00 plus shipping so all told a little less than $100.00.
I'm going to keep your information just incase I put this one on next weekend and it is no good.
Ventura Alfa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts