Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked through several pages on the brake tech forum before I could even find a thread titled "brake booster" and then there was only one post. Sheesh! So if someone has a link they can post for me of a diagram/blowup I would greatly appreciate it. Here's my issue:
I'm installing a new booster. I've had the old one out for a few months as I went about having the motor pulled etc., etc. I'm kinda forgetful so now as I am mounting it back onto the housing that bolts to the firewall I'm not quite sure how the large spring and slotted cone shaped spring retainer go back together. Here's what I think and please correct me if I'm wrong; The spring slips over the shaft on the booster then goes through the hole in the housing and the slotted retainer slips over the pedal end of the spring and shaft from the booster that attaches to the pedal. I am not at all sure where the slot should be when all is said and done. Yes? No? Maybe? It seems like that is the only way it will work. It was a pita getting it off so I wann make sure I put it back together correctly and don't have to pull it apart if it doesn't work LOL. TIA, David

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
If some had the parts book handy it would help. I would be totally working from memory, not that reliable. Or if someone has a pedal assembly out of the car.

Seems to me it's spring forward, then big cone retainer, wide end forward, then it fits onto the brake pedal lever with the special stepped bolt and its retainer? There must be more to it than that.

Andrew

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screen shot is perfect. Thank you. That's what I thought it should look like but I was second guessing myself. Hate do-overs. Do you have software or a link to a parts manual you can share?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not suggesting you break the law. Time in Quantico would not be good. Gonna have to check out Cardisc. Can you give a quick review of the software? Good? Great? So-so? What operating system are you using it on? Thank you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm not too concerned about Quantico - I don't think we have that here in Norway. But when you work for a big corporation they make you sign all sorts of papers...

I've got the Cardisc for Spiders from a few years back. The version of the CD I have contain a few scanned pdf workshop manuals, tech bulletins and lots of old pictures and marketing material but no software as such. They differ somewhat depending on which model CD you buy, but I think all 105-series ones are pretty much the same, differing mostly in which workshop manual you get. As I work mostly on cars made for Europe I've had to get stuff such as wiring diagrams, carb and parts manuals elsewhere.

I think Cardisc update their offerings from time to time, so it might be different now.

You can still get a pretty comprehensive parts manual here:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/150043-free-download-catalogo-rapido-1974-105-series.html

For the moderns I have a set of Fiat ePER and factory manual DVDs. Most of which are available on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts