Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the dual brake booster assembly for the 69 1750 Spider.

If anyone has them can you please post me.

Thanks!

JF

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay.. let me know. what do they look like? we're doing a full restoration so we would like to have ones that look the part.

thanks again!

jf

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I'll post a pic of it later today. Keep in mind though, it's only one booster and it's used (dirty). Depending on the degree of restoration you're planning on, you might want to consider just purchasing two new boosters which are available from the usual US vendors.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I actually have a pair of boosters from a '69 1750 (pictured). I bought them for the GTV project which I abandoned, (install one and keep the other for a backup). However, my current GTV's booster was supposedly rebuilt, so I should sell them. Besides they're not correct for a '67.

JF, let me know if you are interested in this set and we'll take it to email.

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The two boosters you have Kai look a LOT better than the one I have. They also look quite a bit different than this Bonaldi. Are yours Lockheeds or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yep Jim, they are Lockheeds. I'll have to find the printout of the eBay auction that I won them in to get their details, i.e. are they original or rebuilt. If I recall correctly they came out of a '69 1750 GTV.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kai,

I'm interested. How much? Or if you prefer just e-mail me your digits and we can talk via phone. jonathan(at)graymatterproductions.com

Thanks! That'll make my brakes work a lot better I suspect.

Jonathan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I'd post a before pic of our 1750 for everyone to see before we start stripping her down to bare metal.

It's all original save for the rear end (although we have the original rear end as well). Not bad but there's some spots that need attention so better now than later .

Enjoy!

jf

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
JF,

Let me get them out of my garage first. I want to make sure they still look as good as that picture, which was from the eBay auction I won them in.

As for price, I'd like to get what I paid for them which was $74 and change.

I'll dig them out tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sweat. I can put together a money order right away and get it out to you asap.

I was planning to have them dropped in soon so I can give you my UPS account number for shipping. Just let me know when you're ready as we'd like to have them in by the 28th when we go on another 1000 mile romp!

Thanks a ton,

JF

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As it turns out we're looking for the Bonaldi type. The lockheeds are incorrect for the 1750 Spider (US).

We can redo the cadmium plating but I prefer them to be a little cleaner than this if possible.

jf

1 - 20 of 30 Posts