Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a good brake booster rebuilding service? I'm looking to have a BONALDI of Italy booster rebuilt for my Lancia. If possible it would be great if the shop/service facility was located somewhere in the SF Bay Area, California. Also wondering if it can have the cadnium gold color redone on it. Please post or pm me with the contact info. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
I don't know of a rebuild service but I know rebuild kits are available from IAP (for Alfa boosters anyway). As far as the plating, I had mine yellow (iridescent gold color) Zinc Dichromated by a local plater. These (as well as all the stuff shown on the table) were barrel coated for $60 (minimum lot charge). I lot of the stuff was grimy and rusted and came out beautiful. As is the case with any plating, the surface you start with will affect the surface you end up with. So, if your boosters are pitted like mine, you might want to do some prep work (I didn't and wish I had).

Zinc Parts.JPG
Brake Boosters in the background

Here is a site I know nothing about but might be worth looking into...

http://www.brakeboosters.com/index.htm

Good luck!

·
Registered
906 Posts
White post restorations in VA did a nice job rebiulding a brake master for me. They have a good reputation. 540-837-1140 or whitepost.com

--Dave

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Does anybody know of a good brake booster rebuilding service? I'm looking to have a BONALDI of Italy booster rebuilt for my Lancia. If possible it would be great if the shop/service facility was located somewhere in the SF Bay Area, California. Also wondering if it can have the cadnium gold color redone on it. Please post or pm me with the contact info. Thanks in advance!
Try contacting Jaan Hjorth at http://www.eddinsmoto.com/ . He's in Berkeley and specializes in Lancia. If he can't handle it himself, he should know who can.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Booster rebuilder

I have used Original Cylinder in Bell Gardens CA
phone 562-806-6661
fax 562-806-3570
www.powerbrakeexchange.com

In 2004, I paid 157.13 and a refundable core of 75 for a rebuilt booster for my spider.
Great fast service. It was not plated however, nor did i expect it to be plated
HTH

just checked web site didn't work for me, but here is an ad from hemmings with a different address though as well.
i'd call for info if i were you

Need a Power Brake Booster,
Master Cyl, Wheel Cyl
Caliper, or a PropValveRebuilt
Power Brake Exchange specializes in boosters,
master cylinders, wheel cylinders, calipers, and
prop valves from 1936 to present. We stock over
2,000 domestic and foreign car boosters, and 600
domestic and foreign car master cylinders. Our
units are rebuilt and tested to OEM specifications.
We also have a wide selection of installation or
conversion kits with many plating options.
PLEASE GIVE US A CALL.
Power Brake Exchange, Inc.
260 Phelan Ave, San Jose, CA 95112
1-800-322-1775
Ask us for the Hemmings Promotional ad discount
Check our our Web Site @
http://www.powerbrakeexchange.com

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for all this info. I will follow up on these leads.

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts