Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

in my car, a '72 GT 1300 Junior, i found a Bonaldi Brake System. Both the brake booster and the MC, like the brake fluid reservoir, are Bonaldi branded. The booster is gold plated, not black like the other that i saw on the internet and the reservoir shape is also different. Are these type original for my '72 GT Junior ? Any input are welcome.
I attached a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bonaldi booster/master cylinder combinations are original equipment on all vintage Alfas.

View attachment 1670045

View attachment 1670046 View attachment 1670047 View attachment 1670048
Thanks for the reply and for the photos.
So the booster maybe is original like the master cylinder. But the brake fluid reservoir has a different shape. My reservoir doesn't had two visibile chamber from the outside, like it in yours photos. My reservoir is Benditalia branded. I don't understand if Benditalia made a reservoir like the Ate model with two separate chamber visibile from the outside. Thanks

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,360 Posts
Thanks for the reply and for the photos.
So the booster maybe is original like the master cylinder. But the brake fluid reservoir has a different shape. My reservoir doesn't had two visibile chamber from the outside, like it in yours photos. My reservoir is Benditalia branded. I don't understand if Benditalia made a reservoir like the Ate model with two separate chamber visibile from the outside. Thanks

Here is a closeup that was given to me. If you look, everything in there is Bonaldi. I suspect the master cylinder on your car may have been replace with a Benditalia version.

I think the reservoir on my old Alfetta is an Benditalia. Is it the same as the one on your car?

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
267 Posts
I have the same reservoir on both of my 74 GTV's (the rectangular, single chamber one thats divided inside)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a closeup that was given to me. If you look, everything in there is Bonaldi. I suspect the master cylinder on your car may have been replace with a Benditalia version.

View attachment 1670095

I think the reservoir on my old Alfetta is an Benditalia. Is it the same as the one on your car?

View attachment 1670096
Yes, my reservoir is like yours in the Alfetta and is branded Benditalia. Thanks for the other photos. I never seen a two chamber branded Benditalia. I don't understand now which are the original parts and which no. The brake booster are gold plated and Benditalia branded like the photos you have attached, but the reservoir is like the one in your alfetta and the clutch reservoir is ATE branded! Seem a ****tail. It is possible that from the factory the car has two different brand for brake and clutch?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yes, my reservoir is like yours in the Alfetta and is branded Benditalia. Thanks for the other photos. I never seen a two chamber branded Benditalia. I don't understand now which are the original parts and which no. The brake booster are gold plated and Benditalia branded like the photos you have attached, but the reservoir is like the one in your alfetta and the clutch reservoir is ATE branded! Seem a ****tail. It is possible that from the factory the car has two different brand for brake and clutch?
My '73 has an Ate brake booster/master and a Bonaldi clutch master. Not being the original owner, I can't be 100% certain that they were original to the car, but I'm >95% certain they are based on the condition of the car when I purchased it 30 years ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are pages from the GTV 2000 parts manual.

View attachment 1670104

View attachment 1670105
Thanks for the catalog parts. I don't want to abuse of your patience but i'm trying to understand what is original and what no.
The reservoir for sure isn't original. The master cylinder is Benditalia branded, so it isn't original because is branded Benditalia and not Bonaldi? Is it also possible for originality to have the brake system Bonaldi branded and the clutch system Ate branded?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When your car left the factory, it had one brand of brake master cylinder, booster and clutch master cylinder. Its just a guess as it only makes sense that Bonaldi or Ate would supply a complete assembly ready for installation.
Sorry i reply to you but i doesn't read this reply. Yes i also think that is logical to think like this. The brake calipers are Ate branded. Bonaldi also made calipers?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My '73 has an Ate brake booster/master and a Bonaldi clutch master. Not being the original owner, I can't be 100% certain that they were original to the car, but I'm >95% certain they are based on the condition of the car when I purchased it 30 years ago.
Yes, maybe it is possible. And in your case i would think like you.

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
267 Posts
This is what I just pulled off my 74. The reservoir says ATE on it, what is the make of the master cyl itself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts