Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone got any ideas on where to get a reconditioned brake booster for my Sprint. I don't think just a kit will do - it is in a VERY bad way!

Thanks in advance

Anthony C
Australia

ps this is the last part I need to get my sprint back on the road for our summer!

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
I'm not aware of any sources that sell new brake boosters because they have been obsolete and out of production for a very long time.

Th eoriginal brake servo is a 5-3/4" Girling Mk 2 unit, which was replaced by the MK 2a unit (with slightly different piston mechanism that supposedly works smoother) and that was replaced by the Mk 2b (which looks very different). When these units were no longer available, they usually were replaced by a Lockheed unit that again looked different and needed different mounting hardware. Page 5 of this PDF document shows the differences.

The good news is that the Girling Mk 2 and Mk 2a units were used in a number of cars (Austin Healey, Range Rover, Volvo Amazon 121-123 and P1800 come to mind) possibly with some variations in mounting brackets. You may have to find a good used unit from one of these cars and have it refurbished.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Brake Servo

AlfaStop offers a reconditioning service for the Girling servo fitted to the 2600, subject to the old unit being complete and suitable for reworking - ie not severely corroded or as salvaged from the Titanic!

Customer servos are stripped and fully rebuilt with new seals, diaphragm etc., and the hydraulic bore is sleeved if the bore surface is badly scored or pitted.

The turn-round is usually about 2 to 3 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts